Natural coconut oil is very good for treating acne prone skin due to the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties it contains. It also contains lauric acid, which helps to remove dirt and bacteria, as well as to remove makeup. All these characteristics make it a very complete body scrub.
Few things smell better than coconut and rose petals, so combining them into a simple recipe to make a body scrub may be the best way to achieve optimal results.
Preparing a body scrub with coconut oil
You will need:
· A mason jar (glass and with a lid)
· Natural coconut oil
· Raw cane sugar (muscovado)
· Almond or jojoba oil
· A fragrant rose.
1. Use a small jar or any clear jar with a lid.
2. Start by putting a large tablespoon of coconut oil in the bottom of the jar. You can find coconut oil at any health food store or the main grocery store. It is an "oil", but at room temperature it is more like a consistency of butter and has a doughy, white texture.
3. Next, pluck the rose petals and put them in the jar over the coconut oil.
4. Add the raw cane or muscovado sugar. If you can't find raw cane sugar, brown sugar is a great option. The thicker the better.
5. Add the almond or jojoba oil on top of the sugar. Jojoba oil, which can also be found in health food stores or vitamin stores, is an oil the closest to our own natural oil and absorbs very well into the skin. But the almond oil is great too as it doesn't take away the smell in this jar.
6. Wait a minute for the oil to seep down to the flower petals, then fill it further with a little more almond or jojoba oil. Last but not least, put the lid on and let it rest so that the oils can soak into the flower petals.
How to exfoliate the body?
When they are ready to use, take a spoon and grind it while stirring. The coarse sugar breaks up the rose petals and they will continue to do so as long as you rub it into your skin. The smell is amazing, and if you've had a rough week (or even if you haven't), this is a wonderful way to start the weekend. This scrub can have a shelf life of one year.
All measurements will be subject to the size of your jar. It should go to three equal parts, in other words, everything should be equal parts and each layer should take 1/3 of the jar.
You can use this body scrub to restore health to your skin, you will also get the aroma to help you improve concentration while you practice body cleansing.
Tips for exfoliating the body
1. For sturdy skin, use a sponge alongside this body scrub for best results.
2. Before applying the exfoliating product, it is advisable to have a previously wet skin. This will allow all the ingredients to be absorbed and will help you to have a smoother face and body. You can exfoliate your skin in the shower, this way it's easier to wash off when you're done.
3. Apply the exfoliating product in circular movements
4. Begin to apply the scrub with small circular movements so that you do not miss any points. In this way, it will feel like a mini massage, which will be very beneficial for your face and body. You can start with your face and then work your way down your body, including the back of the knees and the inside of the elbows. In large parts of the body you can extend the circular movements and use the smaller ones in areas such as the soles of the feet and the face.
You are ready to start your home business, this is a wonderful example that you can implement in your journey to self-sufficiency, you can decorate them in jars and arrange them to your liking, for a gift or business. Do you want to see more ideas? We recommend this atricle:
How to make money when you live a self-sufficient lifestyle.
Hormonal imbalances may be to blame for a range of unwanted symptoms from fatigue or weight gain to itchy skin or low mood. Hormones are chemicals produced by glands in the endocrine system and released into the bloodstream. An imbalance occurs when there is too much or too little of a hormone.