When it comes to your health, your overall pH balance is extremely important. This determines whether your body is in a healthy state in alkalinity or excessively acidic and possibly in danger.
Experts say that the disease cannot exist in an alkaline state. That is why it is important to look for ways to eliminate the acidic pH of our body as the main task.
What is pH?
The letters pH represents the potential for hydrogen, which is a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in the body. The pH scale is a scale that goes from 1 to 14, with 1 being the most acidic, 7 being neutral and 14 being the most alkaline.
Our ideal pH reading is 7.3 to 7.45 which is slightly basic, or alkaline. Unfortunately, due to processed foods and chemical-rich environments, many of us are too acidic these days.
How can the pH be evaluated?
This is very simple. You can test your pH with inexpensive pH strips that can be purchased at online health food stores or pharmacies. You just have to tear a piece and put it in your mouth allowing the saliva to touch it for two or three seconds.
Then compare it to the color chart provided and see where you are. This is best done first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything. Food and drinks can alter the pH reading of saliva.
Another way to test pH, which most health experts think is a bit more accurate, is in your urine. This should also be done first thing in the morning.
The first reading can usually be a bit more acidic because the body is cleaning up the acid while you sleep at night. So in general, the second urine test in the morning is more accurate.
Why should we know our pH?
It is good to have a general idea of the pH reading, as it is a great indicator of the state of health in the body. If it's too acidic, you may have some underlying issues that need to be addressed.
Some diseases and disorders that are associated with excess acidity are diabetes, obesity, migraines, cataracts, cancer, arthritis, stroke, gout, morning sickness, allergies, and osteoporosis.
Addressing excess acidity is vital to bringing the body into balance, as every system in the body is affected by excess acid.
Diet, lifestyle and pH
Everything we eat or drink affects our pH. Some foods make us more acidic while others make us more alkaline. In general, animal-based foods like meat and dairy are acidic, while plant-based foods like fruits and vegetables are alkaline.
We need both acidic and alkaline foods in our diets, although the convenience factor of fast foods and processed foods have made many of us excessively acidic.
Environmental factors come into play as well. Cleaning products like soap, detergent, air fresheners, glass cleaners, and various other cleaning products all contain chemicals that are toxic to the body and contribute to heartburn.
It is the same with conventional bath and body products that contain not so friendly chemicals and toxins in them as well. If they go directly on the skin, which is the largest organ in your body, they can be some of the biggest offenders.
Try to switch to more natural and safe products. There are some great ones on the market now.
Our bodies are incredible and fierce when it comes to protecting pH levels. Since our body must maintain a slightly alkaline level to survive, the body will begin to pull alkaline minerals out of the bones to buffer acidity where it is too much.
Amazing survival instinct, but this can lead to osteoporosis and other health problems like fatigue. Therefore, before achieving a more alkaline pH, we must eliminate the acidic pH, and achieve a balance.
How to remove acidic pH to become more alkaline
1. Drink a fresh green juice every day.
2. Drink the juice of half a lemon squeezed in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning (citrus fruits seem acidic, but are actually very alkaline)
3. Eat a diet rich in nutritious and alkaline fruits and vegetables.
4. Stay away from processed foods and fried foods that are extremely acidic.
5. Avoid refined sugar, fresh fruits are fine.
6. Drink quality water, such as purified water or better yet fresh spring water (tap water usually has fluoride and is very toxic to the body)
7. Use natural household cleaners like diluted apple cider vinegar.
8. Use natural body products such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothpaste, mouthwashes, lotions, face creams, and makeup. The commercials are made with chemicals that have a massive toxic load on the body and make you acidic.
9. Eat more plant-based foods and opt for only organic, grass-fed animal products.
10. Include wheat grass, barley, seaweed, cayenne, chlorella, and spirulina in your diet.
11. Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink. This may be the easiest and most effective daily way to bring your pH level to alkalinity, so give it a try.
So where is your score on the pH level? Buy some strips at your local health food store and see where you are.
An erection problem occurs when a man cannot get or keep an erection that is firm enough for intercourse. You may not be able to get an erection at all. Or, you may lose the erection during intercourse before you are ready. Erection problems do not usually affect your sex drive. Erection problems are common. Almost all adult men have trouble getting or keeping an erection at one time or another. Often the problem goes away with little or no treatment. But for some men, it can be an ongoing problem. This is called erectile dysfunction (ED).