On many occasions we have recommended adding chia to your water, smoothies and salads, but do you really know what the benefits are? Here we tell you.
1. Contains high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, such as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
2. With just 2 tablespoons of this seed you get 10 g of fiber, 5 g of protein, 9 g of fat and 180 mg of calcium.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
3. Its ability to expand its size when it comes into contact with water or milk, for example, and its gelatinous consistency generate a feeling of satiety that prevents excessive cravings.
4. Provides almost 42% of fiber that you require per day in just 30 grams. Fiber is key to better digestion and weight loss.
5. It can help control blood sugar and cholesterol levels due to its cholesterol-lowering elements that also prevent fat absorption.
6. Chia will help you fall asleep thanks to the fact that it is made up of the amino acid tryptophan, a sleep inducer, melatonin and serotonin.
7. It is a great detox ingredient for your body because it has a cleansing action on the colon that removes impurities.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BEAUTY
8. A great ally if you suffer from inflamed skin problems such as rosacea, eczema and skin rashes due to its fatty acids.
9. Its oil has been found to contain alpha lipoic acid, which helps minimize wrinkles and pores, while increasing radiance.
10. Its protein, antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and fiber give your hair a strong and shiny appearance.
THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME IT
It is a perfect ingredient to use in various dishes and drinks. Just sprinkle a handful on your shakes, smoothies, waters, yogurt, or salads.
Do not forget to add this seed in your favorite desserts, from jellies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, etc.
SIMPLE RECIPE TO EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN WITH CHIA
· Half a cup of coconut oil
· 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
Mix all the ingredients and apply to your wet face. Let stand for two minutes and remove with a damp cloth. Wash your face by splashing warm water on it.